Some thoughts on general priorities right now.
There’s several projects that I think we can working towards a 1.0 release…
(Hopefully released as
requests3 at some point)
- Addressing any reliability issues.
requests. (It’ll allow us to provide both a sync and an async variant.)
http3as an option for an async HTTP client in Starlette.
- Either documenting how to write a Proxy with
http3or including a
Proxycomponent in Starlette.
- Locking to ensure sequential accesses on any single connection.
- Tidying up the
RecordsAPI and making it more strictly consistent across different drivers.
- A proper documentation site.
- HTTP/2 support.
- Addressing any outstanding WebSocket issues.
- Get project to 100% coverage and type annotation, like the others.
- Revisit the 1.0 roadmap.
- Interlinking project docs, github pages, and discussion groups from https://www.encode.io
- Different colour themes for each project. Make these match up with the category colour markers on this discussion site.
I also really need to spend some time getting the Django REST framework 3.10 release done.
Projects that are slighty on the backburner until other bits are nicely shored up are
apistar. I want to come back to spending time on all of those too,